"I saw this elderly gentleman dining by himself, with an old picture of a lady in front of him. I though maybe I could brighten his day by talking to him.
As I had assumed, she was his wife. But I didn’t expect such an interesting story. They met when they were both 17. They dated briefly, then lost contact when he went to war and her family moved. But he said he thought about her the entire war. After his return, he decided to look for her. He searched for her for 10 years and never dated anyone. People told him he was crazy, to which he replied “I am. Crazy in love”. On a trip to California, he went to a barber shop. He told the barber how he had been searching for a girl for ten years. The barber went to his phone and called his daughter in. It was her! She had also been searching for him and never dated either.
He proposed immediately and they were married for 55 years before her death 5 years ago. He still celebrates her birthday and their anniversary. He takes her picture with him everywhere and kisses her goodnight.
Some inspiring things he said;
"I was a very rich man. Not with money, but with love"
"I never had a single argument with my wife, but we had lots of debates"
"People are like candles. At any moment a breeze can blow it out, so enjoy the light while you have it."
"Tell your wife that you love her everyday. And be sure to ask her, have I told you that I love you lately?"
Be sure to talk to the elderly. Especially strangers. You may think that you will brighten their day, but you may be surprised that they can actually brighten yours.”
I AM CRYING THIS IS SUCH A CUTE STORY
PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE POST.
The original post was accidentally deleted. My fault. I apologize.
- Must be following her <- (pvnkofficial)
- Reblog the post.
- Likes wont count, but you can like to save it.
- Please don’t spam the notes on the post, and try to reblog only a couple times a day. I want everyone having a fair chance of winning.
- Winner will be picked with generator.
- Shipping worldwide.
- If the winner only wants certain things, a 2nd winner will be picked.
- Winner(s) will be picked August 15th.
Giveaway consists of:
- Man Overboard crewneck. (L) in girls.
- Suicide Silence tshirt. (M) in boys.
- Red Samsung wb100 16.2 MP camera. Perfect condition. (comes with sd card and case)
- White, red, blue Pokemon iPhone 4/4s cases.
- Purple/blue hard cover iPhone 4/4s case.
- Plugs not drugs tshirt. (M) in boys.
- We Came as Romans tshirt. (S) in girls.
- We Came as Romans tshirt. (S) in boys.
- Pokemon tank top. (M) in boys.
- Black carhartt beanie.
- The Wonder Years banner/flag.
- The Story so Far banner/flag.
- The Story so Far tshirt. (S)
- Brand new Macbook air. Comes with the charger, box, and everything with the box. (Perfect condition, giving it away due to buying a new macbook pro)
Happy reblogging. (｡◕‿◕｡)
"I can only create animation in 2D. There is no other choice for me. I don’t even know how to use a Smartphone." - Hayao Miyazaki
i scare people lots because i walk very softly and they don’t hear me enter rooms so when they turn around i’m just kind of there and their fear fuels me
New information about the next Mass Effect game has been shared at BioWare’s panel at San Diego Comic-Con. You can check out a quick recap below.
- The next Mass Effect has a “Spiritual Successor” vibe.
- Frostbite 3 allows the animation team to do…
Every decision goes into a a bigger plan. I’m always like its part of the movement! This all has to be a movement! We all have to be like an army moving at one time. All of our moves have to be so perfect. Nothing can be off. Everything has to feel new and creative and like pushing the boundaries. Nothing can ever not seem genuine.